Georgia Tech’s Focus program is one of the nation’s premier graduate recruitment programs designed to attract highly skilled students who have historically been underrepresented in higher education, equipping them with the knowledge and resources necessary to successfully navigate the graduate admissions process.
Each year, a select group of undergraduate students (we refer to this group as Focus Scholars) who are in their third through final years of undergrad from around the nation are invited to apply to attend Focus.
All accepted scholars will be reimbursed for accommodations, meals, and transportation subsidiaries.
During Focus, scholars will:
- Learn about Georgia Tech's graduate degree programs
- Learn about the financial resources that are available to them
- Visit academic units and research laboratories to connect with faculty, staff, and potential future mentors
- Get guidance on navigating the graduate school application process
- Network with more than 100 scholars with similar interests and goals
Georgia Tech Degrees
With graduates of Georgia Tech equipped for success in a world where technology touches every aspect of daily living, our bachelor's, master's, and doctoral degree programs are consistently recognized among the best.
Degrees are offered through the Institute’s six colleges:
- Ivan Allen College of Liberal Arts
- Scheller College of Business
Offering graduate degree options in virtually every science and engineering-related discipline, as well as technology-focused degrees in areas such as business administration, public policy, international affairs, and economics, Georgia Tech provides excellent preparation for employment in the academic, government, and corporate arenas.
The 2024 Focus program will take place January 11–14, 2024 for students who are interested in pursuing graduate school.
With Support From
- The Hopper-Dean Grant
- Georgia Tech College Deans
- Georgia Tech Research Institute (GTRI)
For Information about Focus or OMED: Educational Services, please contact:
Sybrina Atwaters, Ph.D.
Director, OMED: Educational Services