WOCI Award Nominations
WOCI Atlanta Collaborative in Higher Education is a city-wide strategic partnership between the Center for Women at Emory, Clark Atlanta University, Office of Minority Educational Development (OMED) at Georgia Tech, Emory University Office of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, Spelman College Women Research and Resource Center, STEM Atlanta Women, Inc, Women’s Resource Center at Georgia Tech, and MiTek.
Our aim is to develop a multi-dimensional network committed to enhance the advancement of women in industry, research, and higher education through advocacy, accountability, cultural awareness, leadership development, recognition, cultivation of productivity spaces, and strategic collaboration.
2022-2020 Award Celebration highlights and honorees-Learn more!
Register to Attend:
This event is free for all registered participants. Location and parking details will be provided via email to registered participants no later than September 20. Click here to register.
Call for Nominations:
Extended DUE DATE – Saturday, September 9, 2023
The Women of Color Initiative (WOCI) Atlanta City-Wide Collaborative in Higher Education, Women of Color Awards will honor women of color (or a group of women of color) among Atlanta colleges and universities or in the greater Atlanta area who have made notable contributions in one or more of the following areas:
- social justice, activism, policy reform, or advocacy that advances multicultural understanding at the intersection of gender equity.
- higher education scholarly endeavors or administrative and professional accomplishments that significantly enhances the advancement women in industry, research, and academia within fields that women of color are traditionally underrepresented.
- community building on- or off-campus, to create an inclusive and respectful environment that is committed to the advancement of women and addressing disparities at the intersection of race/ethnicity and gender.
- WOCI Outstanding Undergraduate Student(s) Impact Award
- WOCI Outstanding Graduate Student(s) Impact Award
- WOCI Outstanding Atlanta Faculty Impact Award
- WOCI Outstanding Atlanta Staff Impact Award
- WOCI Outstanding Atlanta Community Leader Impact Award
- WOCI Outstanding Atlanta Industry Leader Impact Award
Nominations must include:
- A letter of nomination (1-2 pages), no more than 1,000 words
- The nominee’s updated curriculum vitae or resume
- A recent high-resolution photo of the nominee, if available.
An additional letters of support , no more than 800 words, is required if self-nominating.
The nomination form and accompanying nomination materials must be submitted online, no later than 11:59 pm EST on September 1, via the following
Recipients will be announced and honored at the WOC Awards Celebration and Brunch on Sunday, September 24, 2023. Awards and monetary gift to the winners in each category will be distributed directly to the awardee. All nominees must be in attendance.