Challenge is Georgia Tech's signature six-week summer residential program for academic advancement, professional development, and cultural exploration.
In Challenge, OMED immerses students in the Georgia Tech environment: they live in on-campus housing, take classes provided by Georgia Tech professors, and participate in cultural, professional, and academic workshops and activities.
OMED designed Challenge to help prepare incoming first-year students for a successful college career by equipping them to address the 7Cs: Computer Science, Chemistry, Calculus, Communication, Career Development, Cultural Competency, and Community Service.
Additionally, during Challenge, participants can enhance the skills and tools required to navigate the academic demands and rigor of Georgia Tech and access the ample resources available here!
Challenge 2023 will take place June 24 – August 4.
The Challenge 2023 application will be available in mid-December.
Through Challenge, students will:
- Attend courses taught by Georgia Tech professors and obtain an academic head start on the Institute’s curriculum
- Experience living on campus and interacting with roommates
- Get to know over 100 incoming and current Georgia Tech students
- Foster a close peer network on campus before the beginning of the fall semester
- Network with representatives from Fortune 500 companies
- Have fun!
For more information about AAMI and Challenge, contact:
Jelani Liddell, M.S.Ed.
Outreach Initiatives, OMED: Educational Services
Over 20 years of data reflect that students who participate in Challenge graduate at a higher rate and with superior academic performance than their non-Challenge counterparts.