Leadership Team Includes Candice Bovian as Chair
Oct 20, 2021 | Atlanta, GA
As it heads into its eighth year of operation, Georgia Tech Staff Council will welcome new members in 2022.
Elections held in September brought the following nine staffers from the respective Job Classification and Compensation System categories onto the Council to serve three-year terms beginning next January:
Administrative and Professional
- Dominique Niccole Coleman, client manager, Institute Communications
- Savitra Dow, program and operations manager, Academic Transition Programs
- Julie Kimble, consultant, Georgia Tech Research Institute
- Raquel Plaskett, faculty support coordinator, School of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Trisha Sisk, associate director of development stewardship, Office of Development
- Gabriel Vannice, information technology support manager, Office of Information Technology
- Nathaniel “Nate” Watkins, enterprise resource planning system analyst lead, Office of Information Technology
Science and Research
- Kalah Byrd, biosafety specialist, Environmental Health and Safety
- Samuel Evans III, fleet services manager, Facilities
As a result of four vacancies this year, the following members will serve temporary terms based upon receiving the next highest number of votes from the 2020 and 2021 Staff Council elections:
- Erik Johnson, program advisor, Student Center
- Twyla Moore, assistant director of human resources, College of Design
- Jeneen Parker Mosley, administrative professional, Environmental Health and Safety
- Diana Sutton-Fernandez, organizational readiness specialist, Administrative Service Center
“As Georgia Tech Staff Council closes out its seventh year, it is my honor to welcome our newly elected members,” 2021 Chair Quinae Ford said. “I have thoroughly enjoyed my time in the role of chair this year and look forward to witnessing the exceptional work that will continue to engage and inform our staff.”
Ford will remain a part of the group through 2022 as past-chair ex officio.
Candice Bovian, program manager in Georgia Tech Human Resources, will serve as Council chair, succeeding Ford. Will Jimerson, director of human resources for Ivan Allen College, will serve as vice chair; Byrd will serve as secretary; and Kevin Ellis, assistant director of financial operations for the School of Aerospace Engineering, will serve as treasurer. The rest of the 2022 Staff Council leadership team includes:
- Janeen Parker Mosley – Parliamentarian
- Courtney Hill – Chair, Communications Committee
- Raquel Plaskett – Chair, Compensation and Benefits Committee
- Juan Archila – Chair, Campus Physical Environment Committee
- Erik Johnson – Chair, Employee Engagement Committee
- Diana Sutton-Fernandez – Chair, Health and Well-Being
Staff Council would like to thank and recognize the following members who finished three-year or temporary terms this year: Melody Austin, Jeffrey Bridges, David Brown, Sterling Dunkley, Jonathan Etress, and Byron Fitch.
To learn more about the Georgia Tech Staff Council, visit staffcouncil.gatech.edu.
Story edited Dec. 9, 2021.