To better align with Georgia Tech's Strategic Plan for Diversity Equity and Inclusion, IDEI will be offering implicit bias workshops throughout the year for staff, as well as other academic and research faculty. These workshops will focus on bias in workplace dynamics, as well as processes like searches, hiring, and promotion.
Implicit Bias for Tenured and Tenure Track Faculty
Institute Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion partners with the ADVANCE professors to host Implicit Bias and the Tenure Process workshops that are tailored to provide insight into how implicit bias can impact processes related to tenure.
Implicit Bias and Search Committees
This 90-minute workshop is geared toward research faculty, instructional faculty, academic professionals, and other staff members serving on search, hiring, and promotion committees. These workshops aim to increase awareness of the impact of implicit bias, understand the impacts bias can have on hiring, and learn strategies to mitigate bias.
- Thursday, January 19, 1:00 - 2:30 pm (Virtual)
- Tuesday, February 7, 10:00 - 11:30 am (Virtual)
- Wednesday, March 1, 1:00 - 2:30 pm (Virtual)
- Tuesday, April 4, 1:00 - 2:30 pm (In Person)
Implicit Bias and Workplace Dynamics
This 90-minute workshop is geared toward staff, research faculty, instructional faculty, academic professionals, and other members of the GT community to learn more about how implicit bias impacts workplace dynamics, such as performance reviews, office tasks, and an inclusive environment.
- Wednesday, March 29, 10:00 - 11:30 am (Virtual)
This 90-minute workshop is open to faculty, staff, and students to learn about microaggressions and strategies to address them. These workshops aim to increase awareness of the impact of microaggressions and enhance interpersonal dialogue skills to address microaggressions.
- Monday, February 20, 1:00 - 2:30 pm (In Person)
- Monday, April 24, 10:00 - 11:30 am (Virtual)
This 90-minute workshop introduces participants to Intergroup Dialogue and the Brave Spaces framework. Participants will learn more about multipartial facilitation strategies and ways to create dialogue across differences.
- Wednesday, February 1, 1:00 - 2:30 pm (Virtual)
- Tuesday, March 14, 1:00 - 2:30 pm (In Person)
- Thursday, April 20, 1:00 - 2:30 pm (Virtual)
For the Greater Good
This 90-minute workshop creates a space for participants to reflect on their social identities and the intersection of identities. Participants will leave with an understanding of the terms Diversity, Equity and Inclusion and Georgia Tech's strategic priorities.
- Tuesday, January 24, 10:00 - 11:30 am (Virtual)
- Thursday, February 16, 1:00 - 2:30 pm (Virtual)
- Monday, March 6, 10:00 - 11:30 am (Virtual)
- Wednesday, April 12, 10:00 - 11:30 am (Virtual)